Our School is situated on Tower Hill in the centre of the village of Much Hadham on the site of the original Victorian village school. Much Hadham is 5 minutes away from Bishop’s Stortford. We have extensive accommodation in two buildings and main areas for sport and recreation, consisting of grass, asphalt and a purpose built all weather court. There is a sheltered play area and outdoor theatre specially built for the Foundation Stage. In addition, a brand new wooden trim trail was opened in September 2021.
The School offers a caring Christian environment and has established links with St Andrew’s Church and encourages interaction with the local community.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Unit was created in November 2011 to house the Nursery and Reception classes. It is a bright and beautiful space, fully equipped with all manner of educational toys to ensure that our youngest children get the best possible start at the school.
Key Stage Two is housed in the older part of the school, which dates from the mid 1840’s. Later additions were built in 1928 and 1999. One classroom was opened by Lord Runcie in 2000.
Key Stage One is housed in a building which was erected on the eastern slope of the school grounds in the early 1970’s. One of these classrooms was built in 1997-8 and opened by the Bishop of St Albans in 1998. School meals are cooked on the premises and healthy lunches are offered.
The Old School House provides the KS2 library, kitchen (used by pupils for food technology), a music room, school office, headteacher’s room and a staffroom. The building was adapted for school use in September 1993 and opened by the Diocesan Director of Education in 1994.
We can cater for a maximum of 236 pupils who, taught in seven classes of 30 children and a morning Nursery offering 26 places. We welcome children of all abilities between the ages of 3 and 11 from Much Hadham, Bishop’s Stortford and neighbouring villages and hamlets.